from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various salts containing the negative trivalent radical Fe(CN)6 and used in making blue pigments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of various salts containing the trivalent anion Fe(CN)63-; used in making blue pigments
- n. a complex ion in which a central ferric iron atom is surrounded by six cyanide ions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a complex series of double cyanides of ferric iron and some other base.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Acompound of a base or basic radical with ferricyanogen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. salt of ferricyanic acid obtained by oxidation of a ferrocyanide
Sorry, no etymologies found.