from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A salt or an ester of oxalic acid.
- transitive v. To treat (a specimen) with an oxalate or oxalic acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any salt or ester of oxalic acid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A salt of oxalic acid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a salt formed by a combination of oxalic acid with a base: as, potassium oxalate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a salt or ester of oxalic acid
oxal(ic acid) + -ate2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)