from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The group C4H5O6 or a salt of tartaric acid containing it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. hydrogen tartrate (univalent salt of tartaric acid)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A salt of tartaric acid in which the base replaces but half the acid hydrogen; an acid tartrate, as cream of tartar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tartrate which contains one hydrogen atom replaceable by a base.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an acid tartrate; a hydrogen tartrate
bi- + tartrate (Wiktionary)