from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A univalent organic radical with composition C3H7, derived from propane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of two isomeric univalent hydrocarbon radicals, C3H7, formally derived from propane by the loss of a hydrogen atom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The hypothetical radical C3H7, regarded as the essential residue of propane and related compounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hypothetical radical, C3H7, of propane.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the monovalent organic group C3H7- obtained from propane
prop(ane) + -yl.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)