from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of the salts of permanganic acid, all of which are strong oxidizing agents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any salt of permanganic acid, they are purple crystalline solids, mostly soluble in water; they are strong oxidizing agents
- n. potassium permanganate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A salt of permanganic acid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A compound of permanganic acid with a base.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dark purple salt of permanganic acid; in water solution it is used as a disinfectant and antiseptic
permangan(ic acid) + -ate2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From per- + manganate (Wiktionary)