Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A trade-name of a special type of derrick-boom. It may be an I-beam, the lower flange of which serves as a track for a traveling hoisting-carriage, or a hollow beam having a track suspended from the under side; and it can be used as a derrick-boom, or may be suspended from a gallows-frame or from another derrick. It employs a traveling hoisting-carriage resembling one used in a cableway.
- n. In machinery, in general, any carrying device, as one used for transporting coal from one vessel to another.
- n. One who or that which transports or removes.
- n. One who, or that which transports.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who transports.
- n. a crane for moving material with dispatch as in loading and unloading ships
- n. a long truck for carrying motor vehicles
- n. a moving belt that transports objects (as in a factory)
- to transport + -er. (Wiktionary)
“Five hundred years ago, our scientists were experimenting with matter transmission, what you call transporter technology.”
“The hyperspace transporter is a cowardly form of warfare, which does not commend itself to me or Earth Gov.”
“Plus there is the risk of being lost in transporter subspace and getting turned into a gigantic Lt. Barkely-devouring/loving worm!”
“The funny thing about the transporter is that Gene Roddenberry wanted to do the shuttle-landing sequence, but the miniatures SFX were too expensive to shoot, so they came up with the transporter as a cheaper solution.”
“It's really just the $5,500 x2 all-terrain transporter tricked out for the links.”
“The amygdala and the cingulate were playing a duet under the baton of the serotonin transporter gene.”
“Despite the tragic loss of Ensign Franklin, Captain Scott successfully demonstrated that it is possible to preserve high-resolution matter-energy signatures in long-term transporter stasis.”
“Doctor Renn, you call the transporter room over at Life Sciences.”
“The short form of the gene makes less transporter, which is less effective at removing serotonin.”
“It makes what is called a transporter, a protein that sweeps away the brain chemical serotonin from between neurons.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘transporter’.
Use these and get promoted
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Mostly model names, a few brand names and even the occasional colour shade or technical detail thrown in. Excellent resource here.
words and terms from Star Trek
Frequently used Star Trek terminology
Looking for tweets for transporter.