from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who, or that which transports.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who transports.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A trade-name of a special type of derrick-boom. It may be an I-beam, the lower flange of which serves as a track for a traveling hoisting-carriage, or a hollow beam having a track suspended from the under side; and it can be used as a derrick-boom, or may be suspended from a gallows-frame or from another derrick. It employs a traveling hoisting-carriage resembling one used in a cableway.
- n. In machinery, in general, any carrying device, as one used for transporting coal from one vessel to another.
- n. One who or that which transports or removes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a crane for moving material with dispatch as in loading and unloading ships
- n. a long truck for carrying motor vehicles
- n. a moving belt that transports objects (as in a factory)
to transport + -er. (Wiktionary)