from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person employed to sort.
- n. A machine made to sort.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, sorts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who separates and arranges: as, a letter-sorter; a money -sorter.
- n. A spelling of sort o', for sort of: see under sort, n., and compare kinder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a clerk who sorts things (as letters at the post office)
- n. a machine for sorting things (such as punched cards or letters) into classes
sort + -er (Wiktionary)