from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The relationship of companions; fellowship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of having or being a companion.
- n. An association, a fellowship.
- n. The state of being a journeyman.
- n. An organized group of people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Fellowship; association; the act or fact of keeping company with any one.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or fact of being a companion; fellowship; association; company; especially, good-fellowship.
- n. In printing, an association of compositors engaged in setting up one work or more, under the management of a clicker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being with someone
From companion + -ship (Wiktionary)