from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or practice of cultivating crops and breeding and raising livestock; agriculture.
- n. The application of scientific principles to agriculture, especially to animal breeding.
- n. Careful management or conservation of resources; economy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The raising of livestock and the cultivation of crops; agriculture
- n. The prudent management or conservation of resources
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Care of domestic affairs; economy; domestic management; thrift.
- n. The business of a husbandman, comprehending the various branches of agriculture; farming.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Management of domestic affairs; domestic economy; frugality; thrift.
- n. The business of a husbandman or farmer; farming; agriculture.
- n. The product of husbandry or of cultivated soil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the practice of cultivating the land or raising stock
Middle English husbondri, from huseband, husband; see husband.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)