from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A movement for equitable distribution of land and for agrarian reform.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A social and political philosophy that advocates an equitable distribution of land.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An equal or equitable division of landed property; the principles or acts of those who favor a redistribution of land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The principle or theory of an equal or uniform division of lands; more generally, any theory involving radical changes in the tenure of land, as the denial of the right of private property in it, and advocacy of its distribution and control by the government.
- n. The movement or agitation in favor of agrarian views, or for the establishment of more favorable conditions in the use of land; violence exercised in pursuit of this object.
From Latin ager. (Wiktionary)