from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One whose occupation is husbandry; a farmer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who raises crops and tends animals; a farmer
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The master of a family.
- n. A farmer; a cultivator or tiller of the ground.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The master of a house; the head of a family.
- n. A farmer; a tiller of the soil; one engaged in agriculture.
- n. A husband of property; an economist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who operates a farm
husband + -man (Wiktionary)