from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who owns or raises livestock.
- n. A man who is in charge of livestock or works on a stock farm.
- n. A man who is employed in a stockroom or warehouse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man who raises, or looks after livestock
- n. A person who works in a stock room
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A herdsman; a ranchman; one owning, or having charge of, herds of live stock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who has charge of the stock in an establishment of any kind.
- n. A stock-farmer or rancher.
- n. A man employed by a stock-farmer as a herdsman or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. farmer who breed or raises livestock
Sorry, no etymologies found.