from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who squats, sits down idly.
- n. A large-scale grazier and landowner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who squats
- n. See Squat snipe, under Squat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which squats.
- n. One who settles on new land, particularly on public land, without a title.
- n. Hence One who or that which assumes domiciliary rights without a title.
- n. One who obtains from the government a right of pasturage on moderate terms; also, any stock-owner.
- n. In ornithology, same as krieker.
- To plunge into or through water.
- To make a noise like a flock of wild fowl flapping their wings against or through the water.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who settles on land without right or title
- n. someone who settles lawfully on government land with the intent to acquire title to it
From squat + -er. (Wiktionary)