from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who hides aboard a ship or other conveyance in order to obtain free passage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who hides on board a ship, train, etc. so as to get a free passage
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who conceals himself board of a vessel about to leave port, or on a railway train, in order to obtain a free passage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who, in order to secure a free passage, conceals himself aboard an outward-bound vessel, with the hope of remaining undiscovered until too late to be sent ashore.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. hide aboard a ship or a plane to get free transportation
- n. a person who hides aboard a ship or plane in the hope of getting free passage
Sorry, no etymologies found.