from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who occupies, particularly with respect to a foreign government controlling the territory of another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who occupies, or has possession.
- n. One who follows an employment; hence, a tradesman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who occupies or takes possession, as of ownerless land.
- n. One who holds or is in actual possession; an occupant: as, houseowners and occupiers.
- n. One who uses, lays out, or employs that which is possessed; a trader or dealer.
- n. One who follows a calling, employment, or occupation: with of: as, an occupier of the sea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who lives at a particular place for a prolonged period or who was born there
- n. a member of a military force who is residing in a conquered foreign country
Sorry, no etymologies found.