American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A member of a unit of cavalry.
- n. A cavalry horse.
- n. A mounted police officer.
- n. A state police officer.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A private soldier in a body of cavalry; a horse-soldier.
- n. A cavalry horse; a troop-horse.
- n. A troop-ship.
- n. military A soldier of private rank in cavalry or armour. Abbreviated Tpr.
- n. A cavalry horse; charger.
- n. A soldier.
- n. UK A troopship.
- n. US A state trooper.
- n. One who endures adversity or hardship with an attitude of stoicism and persistence.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A soldier in a body of cavalry; a cavalryman; also, the horse of a cavalryman.
- n. United States A state police officer; -- also called
- n. Australia A mounted policeman.
- n. Trouper.
- n. a mounted policeman
- n. a state police officer
- n. a soldier in a motorized army unit
- n. a soldier mounted on horseback
- From troop + -er, from French troupe. (Wiktionary)
“Not only is there the voice changer that allows your child to say anything in the voice of the clone trooper from the movie and tv cartoon series, it also is loaded with many popular sayings from the shows.”
“Another right-wing moral trooper from the Independent and Sovereign Nation of South Carolina.”
“- Indimidating a state trooper is an illegal action”
“He said he called the trooper and was told, "The bear is yours, Mr. Jewel, the DNR [state Department of Natural Resources] doesn't want it.”
“And a mark of a good trooper is how many lanuages he can curse in.”
“Seems to have a bit of comedy as he throws the storm trooper up and down and the trooper is begging, funny.”
“It has all the wonderful magical qualities of the Emile Henry Burgundian clay, which means that it takes temperature extremes like a trooper, is easy to clean, and can even be used on a gas stovetop, with a flame tamer.”
“Your state trooper is an agent of wrath for those who break the speed limit.”
“But the word trooper must not conjure up a vision of belted horsemen, rigid in uniform, with clanking sabres, and helmets of brass.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘trooper’.
A marque list for cars--models or companies who've used common words as their name.
Vendors can get oddly creative.
Types and nicknames.
terms of endearment - this list is rated X.
( personal list, randomness )
sweetie pants, big mamma biscuit, sugar pants, cheese tits, honey poo, pussy lips, snuggly poo, sweetpea, sugar tits, fuck puppet, sex slave, sleepy head and 44 more...
misspelled/absurd/inappropriate color names
Looking for tweets for trooper.