from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horse soldier in European armies whose equipment included the cuirass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cavalry soldier equipped with a cuirass (armor).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A soldier armed with a cuirass; especially, a soldier of the heaviest cavalry, wearing a cuirass only when in full dress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mounted soldier armed with the cuirass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cavalryman equipped with a cuirass
French, from cuirasse, cuirass, from Old French, curasse; see cuirass.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French cuirassier, see below. (Wiktionary)