from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. self-propelled
- abbr. shore patrol
- abbr. single pole
- abbr. specialist
- abbr. submarine patrol
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Starting price, the quoted odds in horse racing.
- Selling price.
- Shore patrol.
- State police
- Slow play.
- service pack.
- Suppressive person (someone who speaks critically of Scientology)
- abbr. São Paulo, a state of Brazil.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An abbreviation of Spanish.
- An abbreviation: in pharmacy, of spiritus, spirit;
- in botany, of species, specimen;
- in zoology, of species only; when two or more species are meant, spp. is used.
- An abbreviation of Spain.
- n. An abbreviation of Society for the Prevention of Crime.
- An abbreviation of Society for the Propagation of the Gospel.
- An abbreviation of short particular meter.
Sorry, no etymologies found.