from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element bromine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for bromine.
- abbr. Belarussian
- abbr. Alternative spelling of Br..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., the symbol of bromine.
- n. An abbreviation of British.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Marxist-Leninist terrorist organization that arose out of a student protest movement in the late 1960s; wants to separate Italy from NATO and advocates violence in the service of class warfare and revolution; mostly inactive since 1989
- n. a nonmetallic heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens; found in sea water
Sorry, no etymologies found.