from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element bromine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for bromine.
- abbr. Belarussian
- abbr. Alternative spelling of Br..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., the symbol of bromine.
- n. An abbreviation of British.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Marxist-Leninist terrorist organization that arose out of a student protest movement in the late 1960s; wants to separate Italy from NATO and advocates violence in the service of class warfare and revolution; mostly inactive since 1989
- n. a nonmetallic heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens; found in sea water
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Bundesfinanzminister Peer Steinbrück sagte in Brüssel zum europäischen Arbeitsmarkt: «Das macht mir Sorge. »
Quite by accident, I came across this stunning photo of the Cathedral of Ss. Peter and Paul in Brünn, Czech Republic.
The Sister-Books record some of the dreams and visions nuns had when sleeping there, like Kathrin Brümsin's mastery of the liturgy for Saint John the Evangelist.
In the end we will return to the story of Kathrin Brümsin, the novice from St. Katharinenthal, and reassess the connections between sensual environment and spirituality that her life illumines.
The St. Katharinenthal novice Kathrin Brümsin was taught the text to all twenty-four verses of the sequence Verbum dei by Saint John the Evangelist in a dream-vision.
One day Kathrin Brümsin was in the St. Katharinenthal choir and wondered what she should pray.
The energy Metcalf took with him to Paris brought him success, working alongside Constantin Brâncusi, living the romantic and Bohemian life of an artist.
TO him, she was "My Dear Dusia" and he signed his letters "Br" - short for brother.
To him, she was "My Dear Dusia" and he signed his letters "Br" - short for brother.
Ceremonies began with a service at Krakow cathedral attended by letters "Br" - short for brother.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.