from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Turkish, Egyptian, Hungarian and Wallachian unit of weight, equal to about 2 & 3/4 lbs.
- n. man; guy; bloke
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Turkish and Egyptian weight, equal to about 23/4 pounds.
- n. An Hungarian and Wallachian measure, equal to about 21/2 pints.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of oak.
- n. A Turkish unit of weight, used also in Greece, equal to about 2¾ pounds avoirdupois.
- n. A variant of auk.
Turkish okka, from Arabic أوقية (ūqīya), وقية (wiqīya), probably from Ancient Greek οὐγκία ("an ounce"), from Latin uncia. (Wiktionary)