from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A clumsy mistake, especially one made in public; a faux pas.
- n. Baseball A weakly hit ball that carries just beyond the infield.
- n. Baseball A high pitch that is lobbed to the batter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An error.
- n. A fly ball that is weakly hit just over the infielders.
- n. A film or videotaped outtake that has recorded an amusing mistake and/or accident during the course of regular filming.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an embarrassing mistake
From bloop, a high-pitched howl on the radio caused by interference (of imitative origin), and imitative of the sound made by hitting a ball weakly.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)