from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A blunder; a faux pas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very noticeable mistake; an attention-getting faux pas.
- n. A mistake made by a player; counted in the game statistics in the category "errors including frees against".
- n. Something that clangs; an alarm bell (also figuratively).
- n. The clapper of a bell, anything that strikes a bell or other metal object to make a ringing sound.
- n. An early hi-hat consisting of cymbals mounted on the rim of a bass drum and struck with an arm on the drum's pedal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A conspicuous mistake whose effects seem to reverberate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a conspicuous mistake whose effects seem to reverberate
From clang (“loud ringing sound”) + -er. (Wiktionary)