from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Federal Bureau of Investigation
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- proper n. Federation of British Industry 1916–1965, forerunner of CBI (Confederation of British Industry).
- n. Fixed-bit index.
- n. Female body inspector.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a federal law enforcement agency that is the principal investigative arm of the Department of Justice
Sorry, no etymologies found.