from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Veterans Administration
- abbr. vicar apostolic
- abbr. Virginia
- abbr. volt-ampere
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for the Holy See.
- Veterans Administration, the government department of Veterans Affairs
- Value Analysis
- various artists.
- abbr. Virginia, a state of the United States of America.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An abbreviation [lowercase] of viola
- of Virginia.
- n. In music, go on; continue: as, va crescendo, go on increasing the strength of tone; va rallentando, continue dragging the time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state in the eastern United States; one of the original 13 colonies; one of the Confederate States in the American Civil War
- n. the United States federal department responsible for the interests of military veterans; created in 1989
Sorry, no etymologies found.