from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An original settler or founder of a colony.
- n. An inhabitant of a colony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who is a founder of a colony.
- n. The original persons of a colony.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A member or inhabitant of a colony.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant of a colony; a settler in a colony; a member of a colonizing expedition.
- n. An animal or a plant found in a country or region in which it is not indigenous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who settles in a new colony or moves into new country
colon(y) + -ist (Wiktionary)