from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who plots.
- n. A computer output device that draws graphs or pictures, usually by moving a pen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who plots.
- n. an output device that draws graphs and other pictorial images on paper, sometimes using attached pens.
- v. Alternative form of plouter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who plots or schemes; a contriver; a conspirator; a schemer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as plouter.
- n. One who plots, in any sense; especially, one who contrives; a contriver; a conspirator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrument (usually driven by a computer) for drawing graphs or pictures
- n. a member of a conspiracy
- n. a planner who draws up a personal scheme of action
- n. a clerk who marks data on a chart
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Vowel, the other plotter, is also executed, but the third saves himself, as we know, by confession.
Another plotter was a friend of Lodge's, Theodore Roosevelt.
You have to load your routes onto a card and upload it to the plotter, and working out exactly where to put it in the PC so it appears in the right place on the plotter is a minefield.
If Labour MPs haven't entered the "plotter" and "quitter" camps after the past two years, then they probably never will.
I have no idea if Nix is a "plotter" or "plunger" when it comes to writing, but I'll say this: the world of the House, the Far Reaches, the Border Seas is Real.
My brother, he's an art guy and he wanted to be able to custom cut vinyl decals for his car, so I set out to build a "plotter" of sort, a vinyl cutter.
Govt believes it's best to keep talking with 'plotter' Pak
Govt believes it's best to keep talking with 'plotter'
US asks Pak to prosecute 26/11 'plotter' Saeed photo: Press Information Dept. of Pakistan
I just don't know which kind of plotter i should buy.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.