from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or thing that raises.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, raises (in various senses of the verb).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who raises or is occupied in raising anything, as buildings, plants, animals, etc.
- n. That which raises; a device of any kind used for raising, lifting, or elevating anything: as, a water-raiser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone concerned with the science or art or business of cultivating the soil
- n. a bridge partner who increases the partner's bid
raise + -er (Wiktionary)