from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who harvests.
- n. See daddy longlegs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A field-worker who works to gather in the harvest.
- n. An order of terrestrial, non-venomous arachnids with often very long legs: Opiliones.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man engaged in harvesting.
- n. See Daddy longlegs, 1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A laborer in harvest.
- n. A harvester, shepherd-spider, gray-bear, or daddy-long-legs; an arachnidan, such as those of the genus Phalangium, having a very small globose body with long slim legs. Also harvest-spider.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. spiderlike arachnid with a small rounded body and very long thin legs
Sorry, no etymologies found.