from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who arranges the details of a public event
- n. A hand-held micro-computer that will perform specific tasks; can be used as an electronic diary, alarm clock, recorder of memos and notes, a portable database etc.
- n. A group of cells that, together with the evocator, control differentiation in the embryo; the inductor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who organizes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who organizes; one who arranges the several parts of anything for action or work; one who establishes and systematizes.
- n. Same as organist, 2.
- n. Also spelled organiser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who brings order and organization to an enterprise
- n. a lightweight consumer electronic device that looks like a hand-held computer but instead performs specific tasks; can serve as a diary or a personal database or a telephone or an alarm clock etc.
- n. someone who enlists workers to join a union
Just like community organizer is code for ‘black’.
Their self-destruction is amusing ... not unexpected at all. community organizer is code for black?
As the crew of volunteers prepared to hit the streets, Josh Grant -- a volunteer organizer from the League of Conservation Voters -- explained to the group how to canvass for votes and how to use their "walk lists" to record the reactions of people they met going to door to door.
[Bizcamp Dublin organizer Keith Bohanna explains it better than I ever could] 02: 09 PM | Permalink
Just because a lot of corruption has come from ACORN does not mean that being a community organizer is a bad thing.
And we can only guess the details of the actual stage routes — partly because ASO, the organizer, is usually working on these until the last minute.
The little-known organizer is Judson Phillips, a self-described “small-town lawyer.”
This slow down may continue until the community organizer is out of office and a more business friendly president installed.
Our community organizer is going to bankrupt this country before he finishes his first and only term.
Do you really think this community organizer is smarter and better has the peoples intrest at heart than the ones that wrote the constitution???
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.