Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who appraises, or estimates worth of any kind, intellectual, moral, or material; specifically, a person licensed and sworn to estimate and fix the value of goods or estate. [Appraise, appraiser, appraisement, are now generally used, instead of apprize, apprizer, apprizement, although the latter were formerly used by good English authors, as Bacon and Bishop Hall, and are still frequently used in the United States.]
- n. One who performs appraisals.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who appraises; esp., a person appointed and sworn to estimate and fix the value of goods or estates.
- n. one who estimates officially the worth or value or quality of things
- n. one who determines authenticity (as of works of art) or who guarantees validity
- to appraise + -er (Wiktionary)
“I called the appraiser, then devoted my attention to surfing for decorating ideas.”
“I only know that it must be done by a special appraiser, is costing us about $850 dollars, and was requested by the Notario for a property we're buying.”
“These are sometimes called appraiser and agent relativism respectively.”
“An FHA appraiser is much more stringent than a typical appraiser. cville_libertarian”
“I get a lot of people who have an 800 credit score, who have a 12 percent debt ratio, who owe $300 [thousand], but when I call my appraiser, they tell me their home is only worth $330 whereas it was once worth $430.”
“He then goes to top-name appraiser and says, “Are you willing to give your expert opinion that this is genuine and buy a 5% interestin it?””
“But the appraiser is the person who makes sure that the amount of money you're paying for a house is the right amount.”
“As it happened, the appraiser was a countryman of limited intelligence, and, when he was told to put down "twelve Bonapartes," recorded "twelve pony carts," and it was thus that the item appeared on the legal paper.”
“And the appraiser is a client of the banks, not the buyer or seller!”
“The lender asked me to call the appraiser and he stated there were 4 bedrooms on the diagram.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘appraiser’.
Words from the new GRE : This list consists mostly of words from the book Magoosh-GRE-vocab-ebook, which is one of the best vocab materials available, especially if you have started preparing one ...
Hey kids! What do YOU want to be when you grow up?!
Reprint edition, Devon: Latimer Trend & Co., Ltd., 1969. Full original citation (you'd better grab a drink and sit down) is:
Looking for tweets for appraiser.