from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lightweight, often striped or brightly colored sports jacket having pockets and notched lapels.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A semi-formal, casual jacket.
- n. A person or thing that blazes (marks or cuts a route).
- n. One who smokes cannabis; a stoner.
- n. One who spreads news, or blazes matters abroad.
- n. An older member of a sporting club, often with old-fashioned or conservative views.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who spreads reports or blazes matters abroad.
- n. Anything that blazes or glows, as with heat or flame.
- n. A light jacket, usually of wool or silk and of a bright color, for wear at tennis, cricket, or other sport.
- n. The dish used when cooking directly over the flame of a chafing-dish lamp, or the coals of a brasier.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Anything that blazes, or is intensely luminous or hot: as, the day was a blazer.
- n. A dish under which there is a receptacle for coals to keep it hot.
- n. A bright-colored loose coat, usually of flannel, worn by tennis- and cricket-players.
- n. One who blazes; one who publishes and spreads reports: as, “blazers of cryme,”
- n. A blazoner.
- n. One who blazes a tree.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lightweight single-breasted jacket; often striped in the colors of a club or school
From blaze + -er. (Wiktionary)