American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The applied science of soils in relation to crops.
- n. The science and art of agriculture (legal term, Canadian use)
- n. A sub-discipline of soil science which addresses optimising crop production (common usage, not acceptable to soil scientists)
- n. A sub-discipline of agronomy which addresses the influence of edaphic conditions on crop production.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the science of soils in relation to crops.
- n. science of soils in relation to crops
“Vanity of Notwithstanding all this denunciation, to the utter con - agrology. fufion of the aftrologers, there did not blow, during the whole time affigned, any wind to hinder the farmers from threfhing and winnowing their corn c.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘agrology’.
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
of or involving agriculture
Looking for tweets for agrology.