from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being careful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Quality or state of being careful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Anxiety; solicitude.
- n. Heedfulness; caution; vigilance in guarding against evil and providing for safety.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of being cautious; being attentive to possible danger
- n. the quality of being careful and painstaking
From Middle English, from Old English carfulnes ("care, anxiety, a charge, cure of souls, solicitude, carefulness, curiousness, curiosity"), equivalent to careful + -ness. (Wiktionary)