from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The business of cultivating land, raising stocks etc.
- adj. Pertaining to the agricultural business.
- adj. Raising livestock or fish.
- v. Present participle of farm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to agriculture; devoted to, adapted to, or engaged in, farming
- n. The business of cultivating land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practice of letting or leasing taxes, revenue, etc., for collection.
- n. The business of collecting taxes. See farm, transitive verb
- n. The business of cultivating land, or employing it for the purposes of husbandry; agriculture; husbandry.
- Pertaining to farms or agriculture: as, farming tools.
- n. The commercial production of any plant (even horticultural) or animal which has an economic value: as, fruit-farming, perfumery-farming (growing flowers for extraction of perfumery-oils), ostrich-farming (for feathers), cat-farming (for fur), etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the practice of cultivating the land or raising stock
- adj. relating to rural matters
- n. agriculture considered as an occupation or way of life
From farm + -ing (Wiktionary)