from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cultivation of grapes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The agricultural practice of growing grape vines.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The cultivation of the vine; grape growing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The culture or cultivation of the vine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cultivation of grapes and grape vines; grape growing
Latin vītis, vine; see wei- in Indo-European roots + culture.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin vītis ("vine") + cultūra ("cultivation, agriculture"). (Wiktionary)