from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The readers of a publication considered as a group.
- n. Chiefly British The office of a reader at a university.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The collected readers of a publication.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office of reader.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office of reader. See reader, 3 .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the audience reached by written communications (books or magazines or newspapers etc.)
reader + -ship (Wiktionary)