from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The peak of sexual excitement, characterized by strong feelings of pleasure and by a series of involuntary contractions of the muscles of the genitals, usually accompanied by the ejaculation of semen by the male. Also called climax.
- n. A similar point of intensity of emotional excitement.
- intransitive v. To experience an orgasm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To have an orgasm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Eager or immoderate excitement or action; the state of turgescence of any organ; erethism.
- n. The peak of the physical pleasurable sexual excitement caused by stimulation of the sexual organs, as in intercourse; in the male, it is usually accompanied by ejaculation.
- n. An eruption of intense, uncontrolled excitement; -- used of groups and individuals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Immoderate excitement or action.
- n. In medicine, a state of excitement in an organ: applied chiefly to the acme of venereal excitement in sexual intercourse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the moment of most intense pleasure in sexual intercourse
The word 'orgasm' comes from the Greek word orgasmos, signifying a certain 'swelling', which not only gives us an idea of what's happening to the body, but a clue as to how people feel about them.
Because she knows that her parents will settle out of court just to keep the word "orgasm" out of her blog the papers.
Roach continues as she did with Stiff to “turn off” readers as she goes into detail on what takes place during penis surgery, having seen it performed before her very eyes; as well as revealing the scientific fact that because an orgasm is essentially a reflexive response to specific stimuli over time, a dead body would be able to have one.
“The orgasm is God, the orgasm should be worshiped,” Bebeacua once told the KvÃ¤llsposten newspaper.
I don't see how Jesus having an orgasm is anti-Christian hate speech.
No need for that when an orgasm is a button press away during his off time.
Do any of these guys know what a female orgasm is suposed to be simulated?
A screaming orgasm is made with kahlua, amaretto, vodka, and Irish Cream.
Brisseau is an artist attuned to the spiritual, looking for transcendence in orgasm, that place where the 'grace of the pleasure on their faces' intersects with the gratitude and surrender of Bernini's St Theresa (the syllogism isn't a fresh one, but this doesn't damper the beauty).
Of all the things you can do to a person, giving someone an orgasm is hardly the worst thing in the world.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.