from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A male gamete or reproductive cell; a spermatozoon.
- n. Semen.
- n. A substance, such as spermaceti, associated with the sperm whale.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Semen; the generative substance of male animals.
- n. The reproductive cell or gamete of the male; a spermatozoon.
- n. sperm oil; whale oil from a sperm whale; spermaceti.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The male fecundating fluid; semen. See semen.
- n. Spermaceti.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The male seed of any kind, as the semen or seminal fluid of the higher vertebrates, the male spawn or milt of the lower vertebrates, or the seminal elements of any animal, containing the male germs, or spermatozoa.
- n. Same as spermaceti.
- n. A sperm-whale.
- n. Sperm-oil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the male reproductive cell; the male gamete
Women can easily create single-parent households without men by using a sperm donor, in a state that recognizes the legal status of ’sperm donor’.
I paused for a whisker of a moment, amazed that I was even uttering the word sperm to a seventy-seven-year-old man who could be my grandfather.
I never got the "you're dead but your sperm is alive" thing either.
LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD 4.0 was straight NutraSweet - dummies might be easily fooled, but anyone with have a brain can tell it's not the real thing, and your sperm is all retarded after extended exposure to it. oh the humanity
Researchers at Newcastle University and the NorthEast England Stem Cell Institute say they used a new technique to derive what they described as sperm cells from embryonic stem cells.
For males, this includes the epidydimis (the tubes next to the testicle — it's where your sperm is stored) and the urethra (the tube that carries your urine).
Yet, erectile dysfunction medication ads blare regularly from CNN and sperm is discussed at length on CBS.
How sperm is introduced into a female from a male or from a turkey baster and travels to the egg, whether through the fallopian tubes or test tubes.
Thanks to a team of Austrian scientists, human sperm is being touted as the latest age-fighting agent.
According to a researcher at Graz University, spermidine, a compound that is found in sperm, guards the cells in flies, worms, yeast, mice and even human blood against damage, thereby slowing the aging process.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.