from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A diploid cell that undergoes meiosis to form four spermatids. A primary spermatocyte divides into two secondary spermatocytes, which in turn divide to form the spermatids.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A male gametocyte, from which a spermatozoon develops.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as spermoblast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, the mother-cell of a spermatozooid.
- n. The cell whose nuclear chromatin and cell-protoplasm become respectively the head and tail of the spermatozoön: synonymous with spermatoblast.
- Of or pertaining to a spermatocyte.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a male gametocyte that develops into four spermatids
Sorry, no etymologies found.