American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Fish sperm, including the seminal fluid.
- n. The reproductive glands of male fishes when filled with this fluid.
- n. The spleen of certain vertebrate animals, such as cows or pigs.
- v. To fertilize (fish roe) with milt.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, the spleen.
- n. The male generative organ of a fish; the spermatic organ and its secretion; the soft roe, corresponding to the roe or spawn of the female. Sometimes melt.
- To impregnate the roe or spawn of (the female fish).
- n. The spleen, especially of an animal bred for food.
- n. Fish semen.
- v. transitive To impregnate (the roe of a fish) with milt.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) The spleen.
- n. The spermatic fluid of fishes.
- n. The testes, or spermaries, of fishes when filled with spermatozoa.
- v. To impregnate (the roe of a fish) with milt.
- n. fish sperm or sperm-filled reproductive gland; having a creamy texture
- n. seminal fluid produced by male fish
- From Old English milte, milt ("milt, spleen"), from Proto-Indo-European *(s)meld- (“to beat, grind, crush, weaken”). Cognate to German Milz, Dutch milt, Danish milt, Norwegian milt, Swedish mjölke. Outside Germanic, with Albanian mëlçi ("liver"). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, roe, spleen, partly from Middle Dutch milte and partly from Old English milte, spleen; see mel-1 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Once you meet the goal, the fish spews pale white liquid from its head (resident fish dick enthusiast Joel Johnson assures me this is called "milt") and dies, according to the ensuing notification windows.”
“Every time you speak, you empower the silly arguments of the Republicans and inadvertently cause people to believe heavily in positions taken by uncle milt.”
“Obama has 3 years to turn his corporate milt friedmanisc supply side trickle down economic ways around or the dems will be #2 for years to come and the country will be in ruin”
“This year we have had to be smart and cook with ingredients that we have never tried before: monkfish livers, for example, or cod milt – sperm – which is a traditional Danish ingredient but hasn't previously been a part of our repertoire.”
“Can't Post | Private Reply thanks milt will check it out pat bournemouth”
“Re: [milt] Where is Instituto Nacional de Migration office for Guanajuato state?”
“They thought he was doing insider trading! milt tomkins Says:”
“Re: [milt] Any bad experience with Mexpro. com car insurance?”
“Then add 17-methyltestosterone to turn the GE salmon females into "neomales" -- genetically female fish that produce milt (sperm).”
“Combine their milt with the eggs of non-GE Atlantic salmon females, place under pressure, and -- voila!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘milt’.
Given names that were acceptable for play the last time I checked the OWL.
Cotton is a blended word with rich flavor. One meaning root is from the semitic root qtn that means to 'become thin or fine'; and the other meaning is from Welsh cytun or cytun that means to ' agr...
A list of words that WWF recognizes as valid - most are unusual words; some are simply high-scoring.
Words for things both tangible and nonanthropic
just the next words that come along
Words I've come across while reading and looked up in the dictionary.
My collection of words that are intriguing, but don't fit my other lists.
All the words I keep hearing now that Season 4 has launched. WOOOO!!
Edit: Amended list to include other fishing terms (not necessarily crab-fishing, not necessarily heard on Deadliest...
"It was then that Delirium noticed that she had absent-mindedly transformed into a hundred and eleven perfect, tiny multicolored fish."
Assortment of fishy or somehow entertaining fish...
Looking for tweets for milt.