from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of seizing by force.
- n. Sexual rape.
- n. Rapture; entrancement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. ecstasy
- n. seizure by force
- n. rape
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of carrying away by force or against consent; abduction.
- n. The state of being ravished; rapture; transport of delight; ecstasy.
- n. The act of ravishing a woman; rape.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of seizing and carrying off, or the act or state of forcible abduction; violent transport or removal.
- n. Mental transport; a carrying or being carried away with delight; ecstasy; rapture.
- n. Violation of female chastity; rape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the crime of forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse against her will
- n. a feeling of delight at being filled with wonder and enchantment
Sorry, no etymologies found.