from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of deflowering.
- n. Rupture of the hymen, typically in sexual intercourse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of deflowering
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of deflouring.
- n. That which is chosen as the flower or choicest part; careful culling or selection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of deflowering; the act of depriving of the flower.
- n. A selection of the flower or most valuable part of anything.
- n. The act of depriving of virginity; ravishment; rape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an act that despoils the innocence or beauty of something
- n. the act of depriving a woman of her virginity (especially by rupturing the hymen through sexual intercourse)
Middle English defloracioun, from Late Latin dēflōrātiō, dēflōrātiōn-, from dēflōrātus, past participle of dēflōrāre, to deflower; see deflower.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)