from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Reduction or lessening of a swelling, especially the restoration of a swollen organ or part to normal size.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of subsiding from a swollen state, especially the relaxation of an erect penis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Diminution of swelling; subsidence of anything swollen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Diminution of swelling: opposed to intumescence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. diminution of swelling; the subsidence of anything swollen
From Latin dētumēscere, to subside : dē-, de- + tumēscere, to swell, inchoative of tumēre; see teuə- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
de- + tumescence (Wiktionary)