from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Transfer of genetic material or characteristics from one bacterial cell to another by the incorporation of bacterial DNA into a bacteriophage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The transfer of genetic material from one bacterial cell to another by a bacteriophage or plasmid
- n. The process whereby a transducer converts energy from one form to another
- n. The conversion of a stimulus from one form to another
- n. The conversion of energy (especially light energy) into another form, especially in a biological process such as photosynthesis or in a transducer
- n. A form of inference involving reasoning from one specific case to another (compare induction)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of conveying over.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of leading or carrying over.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (genetics) the process of transfering genetic material from one cell to another by a plasmid or bacteriophage
- n. the process whereby a transducer accepts energy in one form and gives back related energy in a different form
From Latin transductus, past participle of trānsdūcere, to transfer; see transducer.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
transduce + -tion (Wiktionary)