from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. In the direction of a stream's current.
- adj. Business Closer to the point of sale than to the point of production or manufacture.
- adv. Down a stream: floated downstream.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lower down, in relation to a river or stream
- adv. Following the path of a river or stream
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Down the stream.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With or in the direction of the current of a stream.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. away from the source or with the current
- adj. in the direction of a stream's current
From down- + stream. (Wiktionary)