from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of spilling over.
- n. An amount or quantity spilled over.
- n. A side effect arising from or as if from an unpredicted source: Late trains were a spillover of increased ridership.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which overflows; the excess or side effect.
- n. The spread of infectious disease between different species of animal and particularly to humans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (economics) any indirect effect of public expenditure
Sorry, no etymologies found.