from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that sheds, as a longhaired animal or a molting snake.
- n. A lobster or crab that is shedding or has just shed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of shed; one who sheds.
- n. A crab in the act of casting its shell, or immediately afterwards while still soft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, sheds.
- n. A crab in the act of casting its shell, or immediately afterwards while still soft; -- applied especially to the edible crabs, which are most prized while in this state.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who sheds, pours out, or spills.
- n. In zoology, that which sheds, casts, or molts; especially, a lobster or crab which is shedding its shell, or has just done so and is growing a new one.
- n. An adult female salmon after spawning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an attacker who sheds or spills blood
shed + -er (Wiktionary)