from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who lives in a highland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who inhabits the Scottish Highlands.
- n. Any person who lives in mountainous or hilly terrain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a soldier in a Scottish Highland regiment.
- n. An inhabitant of highlands, especially of the Highlands of Scotland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant of highlands; specifically (with a capital), an inhabitant or a member of the Gaelic race of the Highlands of Scotland.
- n. A playing-card having slight blemishes on both surfaces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native of the Highlands of Scotland
- n. a soldier in a Scottish regiment from the Highlands
Sorry, no etymologies found.