from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of a lowland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who lives in the lowlands.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Lowlands, especially of the Lowlands of Scotland, as distinguished from
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant of the Lowlands, especially of Scotland: opposed to Highlander.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native of the Lowlands of Scotland
Sorry, no etymologies found.