from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of subdividing.
- n. A subdivided part.
- n. An area of real estate composed of subdivided lots.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a division into smaller pieces of something that has already been divided; to separate something
- n. such a piece that has been divided
- n. a parcel of land that has been divided into lots
- n. a group of houses created by the same builder or in the same general area
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of subdividing, or separating a part into smaller parts.
- n. A part of a thing made by subdividing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of redividing, or separating into smaller parts.
- n. A minor division; a part of a part; specifically, in zoology and botany, a minor division of a group; a subsection: as, subdivisions of a genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a section of a section; a part of a part; i.e., a part of something already divided
- n. the act of subdividing; division of something previously divided
- n. an area composed of subdivided lots
- n. a self-contained part of a larger composition (written or musical)
- n. a division of some larger or more complex organization
These brochures should also include standard zoning specifications for counties, towns, and villages, needed road transportation, recreation and school facilities, and evidence of the wisdom of adequate investment in subdivision from the long-range community view.
Another Sonora subdivision is the Tepiman Family (spoken by the Papago, Pima Bajo, and Tepehuán of Sonora, Chihuahua and Durango).
A person described in subdivision 4, clause (4), may maintain a cause of action against a person who violates or attempts to violate subdivision 1 or 2 for a civil penalty of up to $50,000 on behalf of the state.
Also effective Dec. 3, a new subdivision will be added to Penal Law §240. 30, to clarify the meaning of subdivision one, providing that “[f] or the purposes of subdivision one of this section, ‘Form of written communication’ shall include, but not be limited to, a recording as defined in subdivision 6 of section 275.00 of this part.”
When I was a boy growing up in the suburbs, I was fascinated by the common area that separated my subdivision from the next one over, with its mile-wide stand of deep woods, layers of decaying leaves, and hidden creeks and ponds.
C'mon, blaming GWB for a new subdivision is like blaming FDR for WWII!
This house cannot be seen from any roads or streets, and though the original property has been subdivided, the house still sits on almost three of its own acres, and further subdivision is no longer possible by covenant.
I love how the property manager of the subdivision is washing his hands of the controversy.
Section V-23 (22 CFR 105.23) of the Foreign Service Regulations of the United States (Executive Order No. 7968) is amended as follows: (5) (a) The term \ "disbursing officers\" occurring in subdivision (a) (2) is changed to \ "disbursing agents\".
And when she’s halfway across the supermarket parking lot that separates Annie’s subdivision from the rest of Naperville ...
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.